Five Academic Staff of the University have been elevated to the rank of Professor while eight others have also been promoted to the rank of Reader.
A statement signed by the Registrar of IAUE, Barrister Ikem Adiele states that the recommendation for the promotion was approved by the Appointments and Promotions Committee (Academic Staff Part II) of the University on behalf of the Council.
The statement adds that the deliberations and ultimate decision on these promotion were based on sufficient number of favorable and positive assessments, reports, received from External Assessors.
Consequently, the report of the A & PC Academic Staff Part II was presented before Council on Friday 10th May, 2013 and accordingly ratified.
The Staff promoted to the rank of Professor are:
1. Vincent Anosike Asuru – Professor of Measurement & Evaluation
2. T.N. Agina-Obu -Professor of Curriculum Studies
3. Jane Onwugbuta-Enyi –Professor of Biology Education
4. Dan .N. Ogum- Professor of Language Education
5. Joseph .B. Kinanee- Professor of Counseling Psychology.
Others promoted to the rank of Reader are:
- Livinus Ogbondah- Reader in History of Education
- K.E.O. Nwaenyi- Reader in Social Studies Education
- Alafuro Epele- Reader in Political Science Education
- U.S. Offor- Reader in Agricultural Science Education
- Sam .A. Otamiri- Reader in Secretarial Studies Education
- Mercy .O. Adesanya- Reader in Applied Linguistics Education
7. K.A. Achonye- Reader in Curriculum Studies/Instructional Technology
8. G.A. Odili- Reader in Mathematics Education
The Registrar on behalf of the Acting Vice-Chancellor, the University Senate, the Governing Council, Staff and Students congratulate these distinguished scholars on this unique achievement and hopes that the University will continue to benefit from the expertise and knowledge arising from this promotion.